If Windows ever notifies you about a weak signal, it probably means your connection isn’t as fast or as reliable as it could be. Worse, you might lose your connection entirely in some parts of your home. If you’re looking to improve the signal for your wireless network, try some of these tips for extending your wireless range and improving your wireless network performance.
1. Position your wireless router (or wireless access point) in a central location
2. Move the router off the floor and away from walls and metal objects (such as metal file cabinets)
3. Replace your router’s omni-directional antenna with Hi-gain antena
4. Replace your computer‘s wireless network adapter
5. Add a wireless repeater
6. Upgrade 802.11b devices to 802.11g
7. Change your wireless channel to 1,6 or 11
8. Reduce wireless interference to 2.4 GHz
9. Update your firmware or your network adapter driver
Enjoy the Best of Wi-Fi Please share your feedback……..